All about car rental in Dubai and the UAE
In this article, we will share personal experience of renting a car in Dubai, and we will provide an extended response to many questions asked by tourists who first flew here and decided to rent a car.
In order not to go to doubtful forums in the hope of receiving false information, in this article we will give accurate answers to such questions as:
- Do you need a visa for arrival in Dubai and the UAE? li>
- Do you need international Driving permit (IDP) for renting? li>
- how and where to book a car; li>
- what reliable rental companies exist; li>
- how much is the daily rent of budget and premium cars; li>
- what is the price of Petrol in the United Arab Emirates; li>
- which navigation navigator to choose and where to download maps; li>
- what documents and what type of bank cards are suitable for a successful rental, etc. li>
Rent a budget car can be from 70 dirhams per day, which equals about $ 20. For example, the Reno Fluence sedan cost us 100 dirhams per day. And this is with all the insurance and unlimited mileage, but more on that later.
The country also has a developed service for rental of luxury cars , i.e. Tourists rent a luxury car for 1-3 days, take pictures with it against the backdrop of beautiful beaches, dunes, deserts, skyscrapers, etc., thereby taking photos of the beautiful life in the luxurious UAE as a souvenir.
Navigation in sections:
Why you need to rent a car in Dubai?
First of all, you need to decide on whether you really need a car in Dubai, because there are so many beautiful, convenient places to visit: beaches, restaurants, parks, etc.
Those who come to Dubai for the first time will be pleasantly surprised by the clean and beautiful beaches. Here you can “seal” all days long. If you are a fan of just such a holiday, then in principle there is no sense in renting a car.
In addition, the infrastructure is well developed here: trams, the underground train, buses and taxis. By public transport you can reach almost any attraction.
Well, for those who are used to moving by car, there are several advantages to renting a car in Dubai:
- Free time planning. No one to depend on and quietly move around the city and the country as a whole. Stop for an hour on the beach, and then go to the zoo and shopping center in Dubai, enjoy the views from the Burj Khalifa tower, and just enjoy your stay in a luxurious city, walking through parks, shops and the old town.
- There are places that everyone must visit. In the Emirates such a huge number. Of course, you can take a tour, but then there’s not enough time for everything. Usually groups gather in an hour or two, then there is the usual greeting, advertising of shops and goods, and very little time is allocated for the specifics of a particular place. In addition, the price of excursions, to put it mildly, not cheap.
Our friend used to work as a guide in the Sheikh Zayed mosque, which is located in Abu Dhabi, and a tour of this incredibly beautiful place took 40 minutes in a hurry and in a hurry. But this is a unique structure, magnificent, grand.
A quiet inspection on foot takes at least 3-5 hours, what can we say if you want to take more photos everywhere.
At night, the mosque is highlighted and sends you to a fairy tale, it looks so incredibly beautiful and fantastic. About the mosque, of course, we will tell more in the section below.
On the roads, prices for gas and rental, and other
As noted above, the cost of renting a budget car starts from $ 20-25 per day, and the average check of the tour, for example, a mosque, for one person starts from $ 50, and if you are four, then it is already $ 200. Accordingly, it is easier to arrange a car rental for 10 days and, for free, without time limit, explore any landmark of Dubai and the UAE.
It is also not recommended to arrange rental through a travel agency, because they are, in most cases, ordinary intermediaries who donate their interest. It is better to arrange everything upon arrival without third parties.
The average price of a liter of gasoline in the UAE is $ 0.5, which is 4 times cheaper than in Europe and 1.5-2 times lower than in Russia.
Driving up to a gas station, you do not even need to get out of the car, because the employees themselves will open the fuel tank flap, insert a gun with the necessary fuel, lift the terminal to settle the card or take the cash payment, giving a check in return. Everything is convenient and simple!
In Dubai, it is extremely pleasant and understandable to drive on good roads: the asphalt is perfectly laid, there are markings, readable signs and various hints in the form of additional tablets on difficult interchanges everywhere.
Driving culture at the highest level – everyone respects each other, regardless of the status of the car.
Crime in the country is at a record low level, one should not be afraid to leave the car unattended and to be afraid of something.
Regardless of the fact that the landmark in the country is made to motorists about pedestrians are not forgotten, too. There are a large number of courtyards without cars and they are on a floor above the usual interchanges and sidewalks.
Above-ground crossings with travolators were made along the roads in the city: go the huge road in 20 or more lanes rather quickly.
Footpaths are safe and fenced with concrete blocks or so wide that you shouldn’t be afraid of the flow of cars. At intersections, priority is given to pedestrians and is monitored by traffic lights.
In general, Dubai is built and developed according to the principle – all the best for people and no matter how they move.
Features of car rental, nuances and recommendations
In this section we will talk about the process of car rental registration: about prices, nuances and what you should pay attention to.about what is worth paying attention.